The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) is an energetic and forward-looking organization seeking to raise the level of economic prosperity in the Shenandoah Valley. By providing a forum for cooperation and collaboration among the Valley’s counties and independent cities, private-sector businesses, and educational institutions, the Partnership:
- Encourages businesses worldwide to establish operations in the Shenandoah Valley through capital investment and job creation;
- Serves as an advocate for existing business expansions; and
- Assists with regional workforce development efforts.
Check out what local business leaders have to say about the importance of investing in the Shenandoah Valley Partnership. Visit our YouTube Channel, consult SVP publications, and view photos from past SVP events to learn more about the unique initiatives and successful public/private partnerships that continue to drive innovation, ingenuity, and the next chapter for our region.
Membership in SVP provides several opportunities for business development and networking each year:
- Two Economic Development Forums delivering status reports on the economy and economic development in the central Shenandoah Valley;
- The SVP Annual Meeting providing insight into regional and statewide economic development initiatives;
- Two SVP Connect after-hours mixers providing networking opportunities with the Valley’s top business leaders and decision-makers; and
- A variety of additional events including business forums co-sponsored by Valley-based Chambers of Commerce and the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council (SVTC), marketing initiatives with the I-81 Corridor Coalition, joint marketing efforts with the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, involvement in the Shenandoah Valley Innovation Coalition (SVIC), and related gatherings that foster information-sharing and collaboration.
To join SVP, members are required to make an annual investment. These investments help fund SVP’s events and marketing activities, including outreach to site location consultants, attendance at national and regional trade shows and conferences, and participation in state-sponsored trade missions. Membership begins at the time of investment and continues for a full twelve month cycle.
Companies with six employees or more can join SVP at the introductory rate of $500 for the first year. For the second year of membership, the investment automatically rises to $1,000. Several SVP members voluntarily invest more than the minimum because they are committed to economic services in the Shenandoah Valley.
Businesses with five or fewer employees can join SVP for an investment of $500. For these companies, the investment remains at the $500 per-year level until they meet or exceed a total of six employees.
Investments are subject to change in price and formula.
Partnership investments may be deductible for Federal income tax purposes as an ordinary and necessary business expense (not as a charitable contribution). However, members should consult their own tax advisors for specific tax information and advice.
Are you ready to join or need more information?
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) is a nonprofit corporation, formed under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Active membership in this corporation shall be open to any person, association, partnership, corporation, Limited Liability Company or other entity having an interest in the mission and purposes of the Partnership. Members shall comply with those requirements for admission to membership, including the payment of an investment, which may be established from time to time by the Partnership’s Board of Directors. Partnership investments are non-refundable.