The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) public and private investors make the most of their investment by taking full advantage of Partnership activities, including the Spring and Fall Connect Events, bi-annual Economic Development Forums and the Annual Meeting. Our Marketing Committee holds economic development forums twice a year providing SVP investors with updates on local development initiatives and insight into the practices of economic development. Our Development Committee hosts two Connect events per year, providing networking opportunities with the Valley’s top business leaders and decision-makers. In July, we hold our Annual Meeting where our public and private investors come together as a region and focus on the initiatives launched and milestones achieved over the last 12 months, while refocusing on the year ahead.
- The Spring Economic Development Forum was held in April at the Forbes Center for the Performing Arts in Harrisonburg, Virginia where attendees were treated to the music of the James Madison University a capella group, The BluesTones, and remarks by our keynote speaker, Stephen Moret, CEO, Virginia Economic Development Partnership.
- The Spring Connect Event was held in May at Virginia's newest state park, Natural Bridge State Park, in Rockbridge County, Virginia. SVP investors and guests enjoyed an evening of networking and refreshments. The event was held to celebrate Virginia's 37th state part and talk about its history and economic impacts to the Shenandoah Valley.
- The Annual Meeting was held in July at Stable Craft Brewery in Augusta County, Virginia. At the SVP Annual Meeting we highlighted our food and beverage manufacturing assets in the Shenandoah Valley, unveiled our FY2017 Annual Report, and released our latest marketing materials tied to the Valley's agribusiness sector. The SVP was honored to have Katie Frazier, President of the Virginia Agribusiness Council and Shenandoah Valley native, as our keynote speaker, to discuss the history and importance of agriculture in our region.
- The Fall Connect was held in September at Basic City Brewing in Waynesboro, Virginia, and coincided with a Virginia Economic Development Partnership Familiarization Tour in the Valley. SVP investors and guests enjoyed networking and locally sourced refreshments, by Hops Kitchen, with our state partners.
- The Fall Economic Development Forum was held in October at Massanutten Resort in Rockingham, County where attendees got to hear from our tourism partners about the many activities our region has to offer and the strong economic impacts tourism has in the Valley. Before trying out one of Massanutten's many experiences, our guests heard from Mathias Smith, General Manager of the Resort and David Mikula, President and Brand Strategist, at Mikula-Harris.
Be sure to follow us on flickr where we share photos from SVP events.