GO Virginia Region 8 Council Accepting Project Proposals
The GO Virginia Region 8 Council is pleased to announce that it is accepting proposals for projects to be funded through the State’s GO Virginia initiative.
The Region 8 Council has approximately $828,000 in per capita GO Virginia funds to award to projects in the region. In addition, approximately $11.3 million in competitive statewide GO Virginia funds is available for projects. The upcoming application deadlines are April 6, 2018, for per capita applications and June 1, 2018, for per capita and competitive applications.
Successful projects will address one or more of the region’s five targeted industry sectors:
- Financial and Business Services
- Health Care
- Information Technology/Communications
- Light Manufacturing
- Transportation and Logistics
Projects funded will address one or more of the region’s framework initiatives developed around the following broad areas:
- Recruit and/or retain the talent needed in the region
- Grow existing businesses, develop existing clusters, and scale-up small and mid-size companies
- Establish start-ups from commercializing university-based research and supporting entrepreneurs
- Support potential joint economic development activities such as site development and training initiatives
Projects supported by GO Virginia funding must:
- Involve private sector employment that pays an annual wage greater than $41,000,
- Include the collaboration of two or more localities,
- Commit non-state sources of matching funds (50/50), and
- Generate new spending to the Shenandoah Valley (not just recirculating local spending)
To submit a proposal:
The upcoming application deadlines are April 6, 2018, for per capita applications and June 1, 2018, for per capita and competitive applications.
For a project to be considered by the Region 8 Council, complete this application.
Use this guide to the application that offers background on GO Virginia and the Region 8 Council, provides the criteria for eligible projects, and outlines the application and award process.
For further information about GO Virginia Region 8’s project priorities, please refer to the full Region 8 Growth & Diversification Plan, found here: http://www.shenandoah-valley.biz/tools-resources/go-virginia/go-virginia-region-8-growth-diversification-plan/.
Additional information about GO Virginia also is available at the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development’s (DHCD) at http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/index.php/go-virginia.html.